How Is A Car Accident Claim Processed?
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. However, the process of making a car accident claim can be confusing and daunting, especially if you are not familiar with the legal system. In this article, we will explain how a car accident claim is processed, and how McGee Solicitors can help you get the best outcome. How is a car accident claim processed?
What steps are involved in a car accident claim?
The steps of making a car accident claim can vary depending on the circumstances of your case, but generally they are as follows:
1. Report the accident to the police and your insurer. You should do this as soon as possible after the accident, even if you do not intend to make a claim. This will help to establish the facts of what happened and who was responsible. You should also get a crime number from the police if the accident was caused by unlawful behaviour, such as speeding, drunk driving or uninsured driving.
2. Exchange details with the other driver. You should get their name, address, phone number, vehicle registration number, make and model of the car and insurance details. You should also note down the time, date, and location of the accident, and take photos or videos of the scene and any damage to the vehicles if possible. If there were any witnesses or injured parties, you should get their contact details as well.
3. Seek medical attention for your injuries. You should see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident, even if you think your injuries are minor. This will help to document the extent and severity of your injuries and provide evidence for your claim. You should also keep a record of any treatment you receive, any medication you take, and any expenses you incur as a result of your injuries.
4. Get the necessary legal assistance. If you have been in a car accident, it is important to contact a solicitor as soon as possible. As car accident specialists. McGee Solicitors can help you understand your legal rights and options and can help you navigate the complex legal process of making a claim; contact us today on 028 9039 4131 or 028 71 229 343 or fill out our Enquiry Form.
5. Receive an offer or go to court. Once the insurer has received your claim and investigated it, they will either admit or deny liability for the accident. If they admit liability, they will make an offer of compensation based on their assessment of your injuries and losses. You can either accept or reject this offer, depending on whether you think it is fair and reasonable. If you reject it, you can try to negotiate for a higher amount, or take your case to court if no agreement can be reached.
How long does a claim take after car accident?
We want you to have a clear understanding of the processes surrounding car accident claims. While it is impossible to provide an exact timeframe for the duration of such a claim, the length of time required depends on various factors, including the extent of your injury and the specific circumstances surrounding your case. However, we believe that taking prompt action is crucial.
In most cases, you are required to submit your claim to the court within three years. However, it is essential to be aware that there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if you are making a claim on behalf of someone vulnerable, such as a minor or someone with a disability, you may be granted a longer period of time to file the claim.
At McGee Solicitors, we recommend getting the claim process started as soon as possible. By taking prompt action, we can begin the process of gathering the necessary evidence and building a strong claim on your behalf. Don’t delay, call us today on and can help you navigate the complex legal process of making a claim; contact us today on 028 9039 4131 or 028 71 229 343 or fill out our Enquiry Form.
Will I need to go to court for a car accident claim?
If you’re wondering whether you’ll need to go to court for a car accident claim, speak with us today so that we can provide guidance on whether your case will likely go to court.
Most accident claims are resolved without going to Court, as insurance companies usually offer compensation before that stage. This means that you have a very low chance of having to attend a Court hearing for your claim. This is true for most cases, regardless of the type or severity of the accident.
How Much Compensation Will I Get?
Find out how much compensation you could get now using our Compensation Calculator.
Is claiming after a car accident worth the hassle?
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be wondering if it is worth the hassle to claim compensation from the other party. That’s why we are here to help; If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, contact us today at 028 9039 4131 or 028 71 229 343 or fill out our Enquiry Form for a free consultation. We have the experience and expertise to handle your claim, guide you, and get you the compensation you deserve.
At McGee Solicitors, we have helped many people following a car accident, helping recover the compensation they deserve. We have the knowledge, resources, and dedication to handle all aspects of your claim. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and losses.
If you have been in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation. We will evaluate your case and explain your options. Contact us today at 028 9039 4131 or 028 71 229 343 or fill out our Enquiry Form.
Client satisfaction is important to us at McGee Solicitors. We take pride in making the process as pleasant as possible for our clients. Here is what some of our clients had to say about out service:
‘’I would highly recommend McGee Solicitor as highly professional Accident Solicitors. They dealt with my matter promptly and very efficiently. I had no previous experience in this area and I felt they were always on hand to answer any of my queries. I would highly recommend them to anyone in a similar position as me as they were so open and warm to deal with and got me a great outcome.’’
‘’From start to finish the service was absolutely fabulous – professional, quick and easy, I would highly recommend their service.’’
Why Choose Us?
- - Solicitors On Your Side
- - FREE No Obligation Enquiry
- - Exceptional Customer Service