Legal Aid Solicitors Northern Ireland
Expert Legal Aid Solicitors Northern Ireland
Worried About Legal Costs associated with legal aid solicitors Northern Ireland?
If you have a Legal Issue you may be worried that as soon as you speak to a Solicitor the legal fees will start mounting immediately.
Legal Aid funding may be available to cover the legal costs of your case and we always provide a Free Consultation to discuss your case and check whether you are eligible to receive legal aid.
How Can We Help With Legal Aid?
We are expert Legal Aid Solicitors and we can help you today.
We provide a free consultation, without obligation, to discuss your case without worrying about legal fees.
Legal Aid Solicitors in Northern Ireland
Why not contact us for a free consultation? We will assess your case completely free of charge. This carries absolutely no obligation. You can also ask us any questions and discuss any concerns you might have.
“Highly recommend this solicitors very helpful, professional and efficient.”
In many cases Legal Aid funding may be available to cover the legal costs of your case and we always provide a Free Consultation to discuss your case.
How Can We Help?
We will investigate whether you are entitled to legal aid. Legal aid can be available to those who cannot afford to pay for legal representation. This ensures access to justice for everyone, no matter what their income.
We will check whether you are eligible to receive legal aid. If so, we can make an application on your behalf.
If it looks like costs may be incurred for any reason, we will tell you before doing any work. This means you will know exactly how much might be payable, and why. You can then decide what to do.
Why Choose Us for Legal Aid in Northern Ireland?
Sometimes people can be scared of contacting a Solicitor because they are worried they will be left with a Legal Bill as soon as they speak to a Solicitor.
If you have a Legal Issue do not be afraid to get in contact with us – we offer a Free Consultation for anyone who needs to speak to a Solicitor, no matter how minor or trivial the problem may seem.
This means you can speak to us Free of Charge and without any obligation. We are Legal Aid Solicitors and we can apply for Legal Aid on your behalf.
Guide to the Legal Aid Scheme:-
There are different types of Legal Aid available:-
- Legal advice and assistance (the green form scheme), covering initial advice in a case.
- Assistance by way of representation (ABWOR), covering advice before a case and representation in court.
- Civil legal aid, covering advice and representation in civil proceedings including court costs and professional fees.
- Criminal Legal Aid
The Green Form Scheme
Legal aid allows people with a low income to get free legal advice and assistance from a solicitor. The green form scheme covers help from a solicitor including general advice on a legal problems.
Legal Problems Covered by Legal Aid
The green form scheme covers advice on general legal problems including advice on the following:-
- General and miscellaneous Legal Issues.
- Help with the legal costs of making a Will.
- Medical negligence cases.
For your case to qualify for the green form scheme, there are two criteria that must always be met:-
- Help will be provided only where it can be shown there is a benefit to you.
- Help will be provided only if it is reasonable for the matter to be funded.
In addition to these criteria, there may be other criteria applied, depending on the nature of the case, for example, if the case is about possession of your home, legal help will be refused if the prospects of avoiding possession are poor.
Legal Aid for Criminal Proceedings
For cases involving criminal proceedings you may be eligible for help through legal aid. This could cover the cost of representation by solicitors or barristers, and for bail applications.
Getting criminal legal aid depends mainly on whether it is “in the interests of justice” that you are legally represented. Criminal legal aid does not cover you if you bring a private criminal prosecution yourself.
Which cases are covered by Criminal Legal Aid?
Criminal legal aid is can be granted in the following cases:
- If you are likely to go to prison if convicted,
- If you are likely to lose your job if convicted,
- If you cannot follow what is happening in the trial because of mental or physical disability or language problems,
- Where children are involved- in care proceedings, an application for a contact order (if they are the subject of a care order), or adoption proceedings in the magistrates courts to children or their parents,
- If a child is charged with or convicted of a criminal offence,
- For appeals against criminal court decisions or contempt of court proceedings.
Who is eligible for legal aid in northern ireland?
In Northern Ireland, the courts hold the power in terms of legal aid. In private prosecution, you cannot apply for legal aid, but in circumstances where there is a criminal charge against a peron, the courts make a decision to give criminal legal aid, this based on the financial ciscumstancees of the defendant.
Contact Us – Legal Aid Solicitors NI
Why Choose Us?
- - Solicitors On Your Side
- - FREE No Obligation Enquiry
- - Exceptional Customer Service