Can I Claim for Personal Injury if I was in a Hit and Run?

Can I Claim for Personal Injury if I was in a Hit and Run?Can I Claim for Personal Injury if I was in a Hit and Run?

In most cases, you can claim compensation for personal injuries sustained in a hit and run accident through the MIB. This includes compensation for physical injuries, pain, and suffering, as well as any psychological trauma resulting from the accident. However, it’s essential to have proper medical documentation to support your claim.

Can I claim if I was involved in a hit and run?

Car accidents can be incredibly distressing experiences, but what happens when the responsible party flees the scene, leaving you injured and unsure of your rights? Hit and run accidents are a unique and challenging situation to navigate, but the good news is that you can still seek compensation for your injuries and losses. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore your options if you find yourself involved in a hit and run accident in Northern Ireland.

What is Considered a Hit and Run?

Hit and run accidents are all too common on our roads. These incidents occur when a driver involved in a collision decides to flee the scene instead of stopping to exchange information and aid the injured party. This decision can have serious consequences for the victim, both in terms of their physical injuries and the financial burdens that may follow.

If you have been in a hit and run, don’t hesitate to contact us today for the professional help you deserve. You can reach us at 028 9002 5511 or send us a Free Enquiry.

The Legal Obligations of a Hit and Run Driver

Can I Claim for Personal Injury if I was in a Hit and RunAll drivers have a legal obligation to stop and provide their details if they are involved in an accident. This includes providing their name and address, the vehicle’s registration number, and contact information to the injured party or the police. Fleeing the scene of an accident is a criminal offense, and the consequences for the hit and run driver can be severe, including fines, penalties, and potential imprisonment.

Seeking Compensation After a Hit and Run Accident

When you’re the victim of a hit and run accident, the immediate concern is seeking medical attention for your injuries. However, you may be wondering if there’s any recourse to recover the costs associated with your medical treatment and other losses. The good news is that it is possible to seek compensation in such cases.

How Much Compensation Will I Get?

Find out how much compensation you could get now using our Compensation  Calculator.

Car Accident Claims Solicitors Belfast

Reporting the Accident

One of the first steps you should take after a hit and run accident is to report it to the police. The law requires you to report the accident to the police at 101 within a reasonable time. Providing the police with as much information as possible about the incident can be critical for any potential investigation. This includes details about the vehicle, the driver, and the circumstances of the accident.

Uninsured Drivers and the MIB

If the hit and run driver is uninsured, or if you are unable to identify the driver or their vehicle, you can still seek compensation through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau’s (MIB) Untraced Drivers Scheme. The MIB is a organisation that ensures compensation is available to victims of uninsured or untraced drivers. It provides a safety net for individuals who find themselves in situations like hit and run accidents.

“McGee Solicitors are amazing. So professional and caring. They helped me so much and I want to highly recommend McGee Solicitors. Thanks for everything.”

Making a Claim through the MIB

1. Report the Accident

As previously mentioned, it’s essential to report the hit and run accident to the police within 24 hours. This report will be necessary to support your claim through the MIB.

2. Gather Evidence

Collect as much evidence as possible about the accident. This may include photographs of the scene, any damage to your vehicle, and your injuries. Witness statements can also be valuable.

3. Seek Medical Attention

It’s crucial to seek medical attention promptly for your injuries. This not only ensures you receive the necessary care but also provides a record of your injuries, which is essential for your claim.

4. Contact the MIB

You will need to contact the MIB to start the claims process. They will guide you through the necessary steps and documentation.

5. Complete the MIB Claim Form

The MIB will provide you with a claim form that you will need to complete. This form will ask for details about the accident, your injuries, and any financial losses you have incurred.

6. Provide Necessary Documentation

You will need to provide supporting documentation, such as medical records, witness statements, and evidence of your financial losses. This documentation is critical for the success of your claim.

7. Wait for the MIB’s Decision

The MIB will investigate your claim and decide regarding your eligibility for compensation. This process may take time.

8. Receive Compensation

If your claim is successful, you may receive compensation to cover your medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost earnings, and other financial losses resulting from the hit and run accident.

McGee Solicitors are experienced in handling accident claims. Let us help you by utilising our free consultation. Contact us today at 028 9002 5511 or send us a Free Enquiry.

“I could not praise this company enough with how they handled my case. From day one they were professional and understanding, they always kept me informed of what was happening with my case. I could not recommend them enough.”

Timelines for Making a Claim

It’s important to understand that there are timelines for making a claim through the MIB. Typically, you should make your claim as soon as possible after the accident.

Contact us today to seeking specialist legal advice and we can help you get the justice you deserve.

The Role of McGee Solicitors

Can I Claim for Personal Injury if I was in a Hit and RunNavigating the process of making a claim through the MIB can be complex, especially if you’re dealing with injuries and financial stress. Having a personal injury solicitor by your side can make a significant difference in the outcome of your claim.

McGee Solicitors can help you gather and organise the necessary evidence, complete the claim forms, and negotiate with the MIB on your behalf. We can ensure that your claim is thorough, accurate, and fully represents your losses. With our expertise, you are more likely to receive the compensation you deserve. At McGee Solicitors, we understand your concerns and are here to offer guidance and support.

Our expert personal injury solicitors specialise in cases like hit and run accidents. We can help you navigate the legal complexities, ensuring that you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Don’t let the stress of a hit and run accident and its aftermath weigh you down. Contact us today at 028 9002 5511 or send us a Free Enquiry. We’ll be with you every step of the way.

Why Choose McGee Solicitors?

At McGee Solicitors, client satisfaction is our number one priority. Here’s what some of our clients have to say about our services:

– ‘’You will be treated with the utmost care and respect and have a great result. I would highly recommend McGee Solicitors.’’

– ‘’Highly recommend, great service provided’’

Choosing McGee Solicitors means you’ll have a dedicated team of experts by your side, committed to helping you through the process of your hit and run accident claim.

We provide a free consultation where you can discuss your situation at no cost or obligation. Don’t hesitate to contact us for professional advice on 028 9002 5511 or send a Free Enquiry. We’re here to ensure your rights are protected and your voice is heard throughout the process.

Error: Contact form not found.

Highly Professional

“I’m not from the local area but when something came up that I needed legal advice over I was advised to go to McGee solicitors. I was in a very stressful situation but they were highly professional and explained all my options in a straightforward manner so that I fully understood. Thanks again for all your help.”

Best In The Business

“Best in the business for road traffic accident claims for sure! Were extremely thorough with fantastic attention to detail throughout my entire time with them. Michael was so informative and kept me in the know about everything that was going on.”

Great Lengths to Support Me

“Would like to thank the team, particularly Mr Michael McGee who went to great lengths to support me and my family at a very distressful and unpleasant time. It was the first time that I was ever involved with any legal proceedings and Michael was there to guide and counsel me, he gave a very transparent service and is a credit for his professionalism. Cannot thank him enough and would not hesitate in recommending them and their services.”

Mr B

Fantastic Solicitors

“Fantastic solicitors. I am not only satisfied but amazed at such a fantastic service. After recently being in a minor car accident I contacted the firm for legal advice. They immediately assisted me through the procedure and I was kept up to date consistently and within 4 months my case was completely dealt with.”